From your mobile phone
- Download Microsoft Authenticator app
- Configure the Microsoft Authenticator App. Select Add account or “+”
- Select Work or school account
- Select Scan QR Code
- Allow the app to use your phone’s camera. The QR code will be scanned after.
From your computer
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/
- Log in with your email address and password
- Click on next
- In additional Security Verification, choose Mobile app from the drop list as the security method you would like to use and select Use verification code. Click Set up.
- Scan the QR code with your phone. Then click on next.
- Enter the six-digit code displayed on your mobile phone and click on verify
- Additional security verification in case you lose access to the mobile app. Select country from the drop list and type your phone number. Click next.
- Save the Authenticator App password in a notepad. Click on Finished or Done
Next time you log into your Microsoft account, you will be asked for the verification code on your phone.
See more at Link